- Eco-friendly laundry, bathroom, and kitchen products
- Excellent Tru Earth laundry detergent selection (packages from 8 to 384 eco-strips)
- Free shipping
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Limited payment methods
- Eco-strips contain polyvinyl alcohol
Tru Earth is a producer of environmentally-friendly detergents and cleaning products, founded by devoted environmentalists in 2018. The company says it prevented over 8.6 million plastic jugs from ending up in landfills so far and is devoted to further reducing your carbon footprint.
Tru Earth’s assortment consists mainly of laundry detergents and cleaning products. However, the company also sells other kitchen and bathroom products that customers might find useful.
This Tru Earth review will cover everything you need to know about the company and why you should use its products over some more accessible alternatives, so read on to learn more.
Tru Earth Products
There are three categories of Tru Earth products: kitchen, laundry, and bathroom. In this section, we’ll go over each category in detail.
The first category consists primarily of various detergents, along with wool dryer balls and laundry hampers.
The company’s leading products are detergent eco-strips, with package sizes ranging from 8 to 384 loads, depending on the detergent type. Moreover, you can benefit from a discount of up to 35% when ordering them online if you opt for a subscription.
Refer to the table for the packaging and pricing details.
|Loads of eco-strips||Price|
|32||$19.95 for Standard and $21.95 for Platinum packages|
|64||$35.95 for Standard and $39.95 for Platinum sets|
|384||$149 for Standard and $164 for Platinum packages|
If you’re shopping for Tru Earth laundry products, they come in the following four versions:
- Baby, formulated for infant clothes
- Lilac Breeze, with a fresh summer scent
- Fresh Linen, concentrated and great for the most stubborn stains
- Fragrance-free, ideal for heavily-used workout gear
These products are simple and easy to use – just place the square sheet in a front-load washing machine (such as the excellent LG WM3500CW) or a top-load washer. Use half a strip for smaller loads and a whole sheet for heavier ones.
Now that you know how to use Tru Earth laundry strips, let’s review other items in the Laundry category.
Laundry Hamper and Wool Dryer Balls
The Tru Earth laundry hamper is a 100% natural product made out of wooden support struts and a 100% cotton mesh. It measures 34 x 48 cm and can accommodate a full laundry load. It costs $49.95.
As for the Tru Earth wool dryer balls, they are available in packs of four and eight. You can shorten drying times by using three or four for small loads and five or six for larger ones. The price of the four-pack is $22.95, while the larger pack will set you back $39.95.
Moving on, Tru Earth has many kitchen products in its assortment.
Multi-Surface Cleaner Eco-Strips
Multi-Surface Cleaner Tru Earth eco-strips are the ideal eco-friendly alternative to mainstream cleaning products. They allow you to create an efficient surface cleaner with nothing but a reusable spray bottle and some tap water. All you have to do is put the strip into the bottle, add hot water, and shake it until the strip dissolves.
The product costs $19.95 for an eight-strip package, while a 16-strip pack costs $35.95. However, you can also get a 35% discount by subscribing for the long term, whereby you will get deliveries every three, six, or 12 months.
Multipurpose sponges come in packs of five, 10, and 15. They have nonscratch properties and are plastic-free. The prices of the sets are as follows:
- 5-pack: $19.95
- 10-pack: $36.95
- 15-pack: $50.95
Tru Earth Swedish Dishcloths
You can use these versatile, reusable dishcloths to clean around your kitchen. Made of a cotton-cellulose mix, they are entirely biodegradable, and they last for a while, too.
The prices of the sets are as follows:
- 6-piece: $24.95
- 12-piece: $49.95
- 18-piece: $64.95
Other Kitchen Items
In this section of our Tru Earth review, we’ll take a look at other eco-friendly products in the company’s kitchen assortment:
- A large tote bag, ideal for carrying various goods daily ($29.95).
- A bamboo cutlery set that consists of a fork, spoon, knife, straw, and chopsticks costs $19.95. The pack of two sets costs $34.95, while four sets will set you back $58.95.
- Mesh-made net grocery shopping bags with a lot of space come in packs of three and are ideal for carrying groceries. The price of the set is $22.95.
- A set of three medium and three large cotton mesh produce bags that are easy to wash and quick to dry ($22.95).
- Snack bags that are ideal for keeping all sorts of snacks. They are available in packs of four, and one will set you back $29.95, two packs cost $56.95, and three are $82.95.
- Large food wraps suitable for storing groceries are available in packages of two ($19.95), four ($37.95), and six ($54.95). Additionally, there are three, six, and nine-wrap packs that contain small, medium, and large wraps and cost $19.95, $37.95, and $54.95, respectively.
Finally, you might be interested in some of the following Tru Earth bathroom products:
- Reusable bamboo makeup remover pads with a cotton laundry bag that come in a pack of 14 and cost $22.95.
- Bamboo cotton swabs that are available in packs of 180; the price of a single package is $11.95, while three and six-pack sets cost $29.95 and $47.95, respectively.
- Tru Earth toilet bowl cleaner eco-strips are available in packages of 24 ($24.95) and 48 ($39.95).
- Multi-Surface Cleaner eco-strips with a fresh lemon scent. You can get a pack of eight strips for $19.95 ($12.95 if you subscribe), while 16 strips cost $35.95 ($25.95 with a subscription).
Tru Earth Payment Methods
You can buy Tru Earth products using your Visa, Mastercard, and American Express credit and debit cards. And if you use a good money-saving credit card in tandem with the company’s generous subscription-based discounts, you can also save quite a bit of cash in the long run.
Where Can I Buy Tru Earth Products?
Tru Earth merchandise is available in retail shops throughout the country, so if you’re wondering where to buy Tru Earth laundry strips and other items, the store around the corner could very well have them in stock.
And in case it doesn’t, you can always order anything you want on the company’s website. Shipping is free, and there is a 30-day guarantee that entitles you to a full refund in this period if you’re not satisfied with the product you received.
Tru Earth vs. Traditional Detergents
Tru Earth laundry detergents differ from traditional detergents in that they are made of plant-based ingredients, meaning that you won’t have to worry about skin irritation that can sometimes be caused by chemicals found in regular detergents.
Moreover, Tru Earth’s detergents come in compostable and waste-free packaging, making them environmentally friendly. All of this makes Tru Earth detergents more expensive, however, although the subscription-based discounts do make them more affordable.
Who Is Tru Earth For?
Consider using Tru Earth products if you have sensitive skin that’s easily irritated by chemicals commonly found in mainstream detergents or if you’re concerned about the environment. Canadians throw away around 3.3 million tons of plastic annually, so it’s always a good idea to take any measures you can to reduce plastic pollution.
Tru Earth Pros and Cons
Now, let’s review the main advantages and potential disadvantages of Tru Earth.
- Ease of use
- Free delivery
- A large assortment of products
- Full refund within 30 days
- Available at retail stores throughout Canada
- Discounts of up to 35% on selected products with a subscription
- The prices tend to be high, especially for a larger household
- Despite a wide retailer network, availability in physical stores is generally limited
Overall, Tru Earth laundry products are environmentally-friendly and as efficient as any mainstream alternatives you could find lining the store shelves.
Though the company’s products are pricier than the mainstream alternatives, the generous subscription-based discounts (up to 35%) offered by Tru Earth help make them more accessible.
And with the guaranteed refund in the first 30 days, we can confidently say that any eco-conscious Canadian who wants to reduce their carbon footprint should give Tru Earth products a go.
Is Tru Earth a Canadian company?
Yes. Tru Earth is based in Vancouver, and it manufactures its various eco-strips products in Canada.
How good is Tru Earth laundry detergent?
Eco-strips by Tru Earth are high-quality products and are capable of removing stubborn stains like any premium detergent. However, the quality comes at a cost, and so these products are generally more expensive than mainstream detergents.
Is Tru Earth really environmentally friendly?
The company produces zero-waste products sold in eco-friendly packages. However, while writing our Tru Earth review, we found that Tru Earth eco-strips contain polyvinyl alcohol, which is derived from petroleum.